Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Running Commentary #14

Running Commentary #14
October 31, 2012 -- Wednesday

     As I headed down the straight three mile stretch, on my way to meet Laura for our early morning Sunday run, the early fall landscape spread in front of me was the sight of an empty street. No people--only deer. This is a fairly typical sight the morning after a losing UTX football game. Front doors shut tight, shielding sour moods. The deer, though, were out and about and rambunctious. Their mood was good; they had extra free street-room to run.

     My car herded a mob down a full block before the deer broke to let me through. For one glorious moment, I imagined I was Running with the Bulls in Pamplona--picturing andn pretending for another mile that I was in Spain. Then my thoughts drifted to yesterday, catching the remembered sounds of music floating by, generated by going to a concert--on purpose--actual live music.

No comments: